Food safety officers up and down the country inspect the premises of just about anywhere that you can get food: schools, sandwich shops, pubs, hotels and bakeries.
In fact, the list of exceptions probably gives an even better indication of just how much they cover – only childminders, newsagents, chemist shops or "visitor centres selling tins of biscuits" don't need to be inspected for their hygiene standards.
So whether you're eating out or eating in, this is important information to know. Most places are fine to buy food from – the Food Standards Agency (FSA) passes 91% of food outlets – but what about the other 9%?
Anything less than a score of three out of five constitutes a fail. Businesses given ratings of 0 or 1 are those that need to make urgent or major improvements – but they're not closed down. That only happens if the food is so unsafe for the public to eat that there's an imminent risk to health.
Read full article from here:
Leave a Reply.