Business owner was given four concurrent terms of six months in prison which were suspended for 12 months.
Magistrates also ordered him to complete 200 hours of unpaid work, pay a £2,000 fine, £80 victim surcharge and £2,699.87 in costs.
Findings include the following: failure to protect the health and safety of his employees, and others, failure to comply with a requirement for access to the cellar of his restaurant, and to ensure that gas work was carried out by an approved person.
Health and safety inspectors found in 2013 a cooking range had been leaking gas.
Quote from report: “It is vital that gas-fired catering equipment is properly checked and maintained as gas leaks can go undetected in commercial kitchens due to food odours and the use of the extractor fan whilst cooking.” Read full article from here: