A Cardiff letting agent has been sentenced after a handyman was exposed to asbestos-containing material while carrying out work on a client's property.
A self-employed handyman from Cardiff, who does not wish to be named, regularly carried out work on properties managed by Rochefort Shugar Ltd and on 15 October 2010 was sent to a domestic property in Sully to fix a leaking porch roof.
As he was removing a sheet of material from the underside panel of the damaged roof, he realised it was asbestos-containing insulation board. The sheet was broken during removal and the surrounding area was contaminated with asbestos debris.
Read full article at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2011/coi-w-rochefortshugar.htm#?eban=rss-press-release
Leave a Reply.